Determining whether or not you have an alcohol or drug problem is not easy. It can be difficult to accept this if others are telling you that you should get help. Below are a list of resources for you to not only get support, but also get information as to whether or not you have a problem. There are links to specific screening instruments, as well as support groups, forums, and educational information. As always, should you have any questions about the information below, please feel free to contact me and I will help you as best I can.
If you are a spouse or loved one of someone who has a possible problem with alcohol or drugs, this page also possesses resources for you for support, education, and setting boundaries.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Resources:
- Twelfth Step Ministries-Local organization that offers several alcohol and drug related support groups.
- Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse-Local resource for information, education, and treatment services.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Dallas Narcotics Anonymous
- SMART Recovery-Ft. Worth
- Smart Recovery-Richardson, Texas: 972-495-1235
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration-This link is to free information offered to the general public regarding alcohol and drug abuse.
- C.A.R.E-Educational Resource for Adolescents
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Screening Tools:
Screening tools are often focused on Face Valid type questions. This means that they are easy to manipulate if you are going to be dishonest with them. Please be as honest as possible when you are answering their questions to give you the most accurate result.
Family and Loved Ones Support: