The idea of happiness can be overwhelming. Here is a simple exercise that you can do to help you gain more understanding of your feelings of happiness.
Some people believe that happiness is a result of something
• ? …
Actually, when happiness is achieved first, many of the things we think will bring us happiness naturally occur in our life.
Your challenges for the next 21 days is to follow these five simple steps, then see what happens. All you need is a notebook, a pen, and some creativity – oh, and a desire to be happy!
1. Gratitude. Every day, for 21 days, write down three things you are grateful for.
2. Journaling. Every day journal about one positive experience you had that day.
3. Exercise. Do something to move your body each day. It doesn’t have to be much, a 20 minute
walk around the block will do, but do something every day.
4. Meditation. We live in a world where our attention and focus is scattered. Each day spend some
time in meditation to quiet your mind and soul.
5. Intentional random acts of kindness. Each day make one intentional abut random act of
kindness. A few suggestions are send a supportive card to someone; help a family member without
being asked; offer assistance to a total stranger, “just because;” or tell a loved one how important they are to you.