Deciding whether or not to seek out a counselor or therapist can be a daunting decision to make. This is understandably intimidating, because the therapist role is a very delicate one to be filled in your life. Although this is a complex decision to make, that has many different aspects to take into consideration, it is also an important decision for you to consider. Therefore, I have compiled a small list of resources for you to help decide on whether or not to seek out a therapist, and which therapist you should choose. Research is the best way for you to make a decision. This list is by no means a complete list, and will be updated to add more information as I find it. This list of information will hopefully help you in making a decision of what type of therapist you would choose, when you should seek out a therapist, and how therapy can help you with specific problems. As always, if you should have any questions or need any further help, please feel free to call or e-mail me. I wish you luck in your journey.
- My Squidoo Lens on Psychotherapy and Anxiety
- Article on How Therapy can Help you Heal
- Good Therapy article on Choosing a Counselor
- Helpful Information on Choosing Healthcare Professionals
- Choosing a Mental Health Professional for Dummies
- How Do I Find Treatment?
- NIDA Information on Drug Abuse Treatment