Seeking Safety Group
Trauma can leave you feeling very ungrounded. After a traumatic event your relationships, work, and other aspects of your daily life can feel like they’re hard to connect to. They can even feel like they’re on hold. Whether it’s a sexual assault, a single traumatic event, or another type of trauma in a relationship, it can be difficult to get back on track. This is exactly what the Seeking Safety Group is intended to do. It’s intended to help you get your life back on track.
This group can help you if you’re experiencing any of the following:
- Unhealthy boundaries in your relationships.
- A struggle with feeling safe in public places.
- Using alcohol, drugs, or sex to numb your feelings.
- Avoiding relationships.
Seeking Safety is a psychoeducational group that meets weekly to redevelop skills that have become challenged by traumas in your life. The group focuses on:
- Rebuilding and maintaining healthy boundaries.
- Grounding yourself and getting yourself into the present.
- Developing safe ways of coping.
- Reconnecting with yourself
- Communicating your needs
Please contact James to learn more about this group and to reserve your spot.