Couples Therapy for Gay and Lesbian Clients
Couples therapy for Gay and Lesbian clients is different than their straight counterparts. There are social issues that must be taken into consideration in therapy for these couples. Many have and are dealing with issues with coming out, concerns of family acceptance, and isolation from those closest to them.
Gay and lesbian clients who are seeking couples therapy should look for a therapist who is gay affirming. Gay and lesbian relationships can deal with unique situations that straight couples don’t have to navigate through.
Our gay affirming couples therapy can help with the following:
- Open dialogue about sex.
- Self-acceptance as a gay or lesbian couple.
- Coping with family issues.
- Negotiating relationship and sexual boundaries.
- Supporting each other through difficult times.
- Dealing with betrayal or cheating.
- Building better communication skills.