Distance Counseling and Online Sex Therapy
We recognize that Texas has a lot of areas that don’t offer sex therapy services. If you are in a more remote area of Texas, our distance counseling options may be a good fit for what you need. We have many specialties that you might want to participate in, but just don’t have the local resources to do so. This can include our specialized sex therapy and sex addiction recovery services.
We are also LGBTQ+, poly, and kink affirming. We recognize that affirming services in your area may be lacking.
Internet counseling options are also good if you’re unable to leave your home because of a disability or age. Our goal is to provide a non-shaming approach to any type of issue that you’re dealing with in your life. Our hope is that this will provide services to people who are unable to engage in therapy simply because they are unable to leave their homes.
Our distance counseling specializations include the following:
- Sexual arousal or lack of sexual desire
- Troubles moving past traumatic events
- Poor communication in your relationship
- Lack of passion in your relationship
- Fear or avoidance of social situations
- Self acceptance of your sexual orientation
- Difficulties controlling addictive behavior
- Same sex relationship issues
- Coping with transgender related issues
If you’re unable to come to our office, but looking for an affirming therapist, contact us today.
We utilize a privacy compliant (HIPAA) web based system for our distance sessions. These sessions may be for you if you are in any of the following situations:
- Travel prevents you from consistently meeting in person.
- You’re in an area that lacks education on consensual non-monogamy or kink.
- You need a therapist who is trained in specific techniques such as Somatic Experiencing or EMDR.
- Your confidentiality risk is too high in your community.
- You’re looking for an LGBTQ+ affirming therapist but you don’t feel comfortable with the therapists in your area.
- You need a therapist who has specialized training in sex therapy or sex addiction therapy, but are too far away from the larger cities.
There are other situations where online therapy can be helpful. If you’re not sure, please feel free to reach out to us and we can help you decide if this is right for you.